5 ways to improving cyber security awareness
Cyber security awareness
With the advancement of technology, today computers and internet are being used in almost every field. Today, such a time has come that our continuous dependence on the Internet and computers is increasing. However, as the internet is increasing in our lives, the speed of cyber crime is also increasing. Due to which the demand for professionals who know cyber security and cyber law has increased in this field.
What is Cyber Security ?
Cyber Security is made up of two words, “Cyber” and “Security” Cyber” means – all types of information present on the Internet or say the information that we use in computer or mobile And “Security” means “Safety” or the act or arrangement to prevent loss. We can say in common language that cyber security means the measures taken to avoid any kind of threats on the Internet (cyber) or say to avoid any kind of threats to any of your confidential or personal information. All these are collectively called cyber security.
Why is cyber security important?
Today we have become dependent on some small and big basic facilities through internet on computer or mobile. Just like we have started paying the electricity bill through the internet, we do many transactions in the bank through the internet. We send many necessary e-mails from mobile and computer through the Internet, apart from this, we also send many of our family and personal photos on social platforms, such as Facebook and WhatsApp. We keep on exchanging many more data through the Internet.
So that is why Cyber Security becomes even more important for us to avoid cyber threats.
Type of cyber threats
Ransom ware As the name suggests, once the ransom ware is installed in our computer, all our data is encrypted i.e. it is locked or rather kidnapped and unlocked or decrypted in the same way. To do this, we are asked for money, just like after kidnapping someone, ransom or ransom is sought in return for freeing him. Most of the payments for ransomware are done by bitcoin or crypto currency so that the developer of ransomware or the sender of ransomware cannot be caught.
Malware is a type of computer software, which we also call malicious software, it is a kind of corrupted software which has only one purpose to harm the computer of the people. Malware is created with the same purpose that it can harm our or any specific user’s computer it can have many other purposes like stealing your data, Stealing your password, or deleting your computer’s data means deleting it. Malicious software is not created automatically it is made by a developer or hacker only, so that it can harm our computer.
Malicious software can come to your computer in many ways, such as either you download them by mistake yourself or through a spam email or through a website. Because there are many such websites on which the link of malicious software is available and in a single day people get many spam emails, out of which many people also download malware and fall prey to them.
The job of spyware is to keep track of all the activities and data you have done in your computer and send them to someone else, just like a spy, it can be installed by binding with any unknown software because it is very Only small. Spyware is created by targeting a specific person, place or a particular computer and its job is only to keep an eye on your data.
The main purpose of adware is not to harm your device or data, but after its installation, without opening any app, you start seeing advertisements on the home screen itself, it is often seen in smartphones, this kind of crooked website. It happens because of downloading anything from.
How do we avoid these cyber-attacks?
If a person uses the Internet on a mobile or computer, then he has to be very careful, to avoid these cyber-attacks. If you follow these tips, then you can save your valuable data or information or money from being lost.
- So the first suggestion, you should always update the operating system of your mobile or computer from time to time. Due to which these devices will be protected from more cyber-attacks.
- The second suggestion is that you buy and install Anti-Virus Software of a good company in your computer and mobile or tab. And if you already have this software in your computer or mobile, then keep updating them from time to time. So that if any new virus or malware attacks your computer or mobile, then they can be identified and stopped on the same.
- The third important tip is if you use email. Or go to the website of any bank and do a transaction, and then you will definitely use the password there. So here we suggest that whatever password you enter should be very strong. That is, there should not be an easily recognizable password.
- The next suggestion is to open email attachments by looking at them properly and never open email attachments sent by unknown person at all. After downloading, scan them properly with any antimalware software
- The next suggestion is to open email attachments by looking at them properly and never open email attachments sent by unknown person at all. After downloading, scan them properly with any antimalware software.
- The next suggestion is that do not fall prey to downloading pirated things like movies or paid software for free, this is wrong and can put you and your valuable data at risk. And the last suggestion is that you should not fall in the trap of free Wi-Fi anywhere. Otherwise, these free WIFI can steal your valuable data and misuse it.
- So these were some important tips, if you follow these tips properly then you can avoid these cyber-attacks.