Descriptive view on HGV Driving
HGV is called Heavy Goods Vehicles. These are the highly rigid and large in size vehicles which are used for transporting between different locations. There are a variety of goods and services that need accurate transportation facilities for moving between the locations. These vehicles need proper aspects for their driving because there is a need for proper training that is usually referred to as theHGV Driver training to get the HGV licence. As there is a proper process introduced by the authorities to preserve things in a right way. The process generally consists of the medical examination, HGV driver training, and the HGV driving test. Let’s discuss this process in detail to know about the different aspects of driving HGVs.
How to become an HGV Driver?
To become an HGV driver there is a need to understand various aspects related to driving because this includes heavy vehicle driving with some certified loads. So there is a need to understand things wisely because it includes a lot of risks. So to become an HGV driver there is a need to follow some government-defined process to get through the things. Some of the major factors that are important in terms of HGV driving are:
1. You should be at least 18 years of age to become an HGV driver.
2. Once you are qualifying the age-based criteria you need to have a provisional car licence before applying for the HGV licence.
3. Further, when these criteria are fulfilled one should go for the medical examination. This is kept to make sure that the things g9 in the right way and the person is medically fit for driving such large and rigid vehicles. Because various medical conditions do not allow the person to drive.
4. When you clear off the medical condition that is you are accurately fit for driving the vehicles then you need to go for HGV driver training. HGV Driver training includes two major modules that are based on HGV theory training and HGV practical training. The HGV theory training includes various prospects such as the hazard perception theory training, general training, and the case study. Similarly, the HGV driver’s practical training includes making you drive in various conditions like off roads, on roads, lesser availability of light, or excess availability of light.
5. When you are done with the HGV driver training then you need to go through an HGV driving test that includes various aspects as per the training module. You need to go through an HGV driver medical test that is to check if you are fit to drive the HGVs or not. When you clear the Medical test, then you need to go through the theory test.
Theory test includes various aspects as discussed in theory training. The theory test consists of the general theory test, hazard perception theory tests, and case studies. When you clear all these three parts of the theory test then you qualify for the HG driver practical test. HGV practical test is to check your driving skills in various conditions.